Machine Roll Operator
- Manufacturing / Production
Experience line operator who under minimal supervision, and after completion of apprentice-level training and requirements, will perform tasks including but not limited to setting up tools, dies and equipment to operate roll forming machines to form material as specified by work order, blueprints and diagrams of the cross section an advanced level. Will troubleshoot and operate several different lines, types of equipment, and train these responsibilities to qualified and apprentice level Roll Form Operators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Performs all functions of an Roll Operator Qualified
- Successfully completes 12 to 24 months advanced rolling mill set-up and pre-punch presses, PPAP, FMEA, 8Ds, GD&T measuring system,
- Performs set-up and tear-out of roll mill, cut-off, straightener, and pre-notch presses and other equipment used in production, following established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Performs preventative maintenance on rolling mill equipment and rolls, maintains appropriate coolant levels and monitors equipments’ additional need for service.
- Following set-up charts and blueprints, runs pre-notch line and effectively produces “basic shapes” while controlling the speed of machinery to ensure meeting production standards. Loads raw material and unloads finished parts as necessary, performing banding and bundling processes following established guidelines.
- Performs required quality checks in accordance with quality plans, using appropriate measuring instruments.
- Follows all verbal and written instructions pertaining to the operation of a roll forming machine and related equipment as well as any other jobs to which he/she may be assigned.
- Serves as a trainer to other roll operators.
- Performs general housekeeping duties, including practicing 5-S, and actively participates in continuous improvement projects.
Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Five years of Roll Operator experience and/or training; machine set-up, metalworking, welding/fabrication background
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 60% passing score on pre-hire math test
- Available to work open shift and overtime as needed
- Possess ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Willing to relocate within 30 miles of Sharon, PA
Sound like you? Want to work for a company that is committed to continuous improvement, safety and quality? Apply now! We offer competitive benefits and salary. A growing company, we are seeking individuals who want to go "One Step Ahead".
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, females, veterans and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Machine Rolling Setup Operator Jobs
- View more Manufacturing / Production Jobs
- View more RFC Voestalpine Jobs